FAMILY FOREVER

FAMILY FOREVER
FAMILY 2002

Bestest Buds - BFF!!

Bestest Buds - BFF!!
Beer & BBQ - Before Lil Gal & Farmer Jr. were on the scene! 1998 (Dang! I need to get back to Jazzercise!)

Jeffrey & Dad 2004

Jeffrey & Dad 2004
Horsing Around

Jeffrey & Mom

Jeffrey & Mom
Spinning & Spinning

Family Photos

Friday, April 16, 2010

PIper Gets Tumor Removed, AND THEN.......

Piper went in this morning to get a "tumor" removed from her neck/chest area. The vet says this is common in Boxers, so that relieved us a little. Of course, they have to take a biopsy of the tumor they removed and let us know. I'm sure it will be benign.

So, Piper comes home and she's not home but 5 minutes when she RIPS OUT HER STITCHES!! Of course, Hubby has left to pick up fresh fish for dinner. I call him, FREAKING OUT, and tell him she has ripped out her stitches and it is bleeding, and she needs to go back to the vet! ARRGGHHH..... BLOOD......!!!!! BLECH...UGHM.... (just how do you spell that throw up sound?).......
I grab her neck and scratch her body (where I can reach) and hold her head up so she won't attack her wound any more!! I do this for what seems an eternity before hubby returns home to get her to take her back! Hubby gets home and calls the vet to ask him what to do. WTFREAK?????!!!! WHY ARE YOU SPENDING PRECIOUS TIME CALLING THEM WHEN HER WOUND IS WIDE OPEN???!!!!! MEN!!!!!!

OF COURSE, he tells him to get her right back over there so they can fix her up! DUH!!!!!

When they leave, I call the vet back to ask why they sent her home like that without any kind of protection? Trying to ask NICELY, I ask, is that the norm? or what is it we're supposed to do??? And, can he send back a cone, and helpful would be some kind of antiseptic that we can spray on that can keep her stitches from itching. He says "I'll make a note of that in the chart." Hmmmm........ Ok, now I just wait and see.....
MEN!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, poor piper!! hope round 2 goes okay! those dogs have trouble leaving their stitches alone. my pup just wanted to lick his all the time when he got neutered. it's tough not to be able to explain to them! good luck!

Em

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I know. Same here as Em only a female. The healing process will be the hardest part.... Constant monitoring is required and even then they bust a stitch.

Oh, and now days they tend to use that 'glue' to stitch and it is way easier to break loose.

Cheryl said...

I do hope Piper got "re-stitched" and is on the mend now. I think you spilled the "throw up" sound just about right!

Kay said...

OH WOW! Yikes! Poor Piper. It's hard enough for humans to not scratch an itch that's healing. Why ever did nature make that happen that way, I wonder? Awww... poor Piper!

Kay said...

Thanks so much for your message today, Dez. This is such a sad, scary, awful time. Though we're grateful everybody we love are physically safe, there's a lot of devastation to overcome now.

shortybear said...

praying