FAMILY FOREVER

FAMILY FOREVER
FAMILY 2002

Bestest Buds - BFF!!

Bestest Buds - BFF!!
Beer & BBQ - Before Lil Gal & Farmer Jr. were on the scene! 1998 (Dang! I need to get back to Jazzercise!)

Jeffrey & Dad 2004

Jeffrey & Dad 2004
Horsing Around

Jeffrey & Mom

Jeffrey & Mom
Spinning & Spinning

Family Photos

Saturday, March 14, 2009

FINALLY - Something to smile about

Well, most of you know that my kitchen flooded 2 days ago. DH finally came home (from out of town), yesterday and turned off the faucet in the back of the fridge. Y'all know all that gunk that comes out from behind your fridge? Ok, it was gross.

While going through the stuff that had fallen in back of the fridge, DH came across something very cool. He found an envelope, so he opened it. In there was a letter from Jeffrey, thanking us for some $ we had given him. It has no date on it, so we are guessing his age. As usual..... DH and I are thinking from the opposite ends of the spectrum re his age. LOL So, we stopped guessing before we got in a tiff. lol

Sadly, the water had wiped out some 0f the writing, as it sat in water for a whole day & night. I've scanned it and tried to make the invisible letters more clear. Here it is.


If y'all cannot read the writing, here is what it says:

"Hello, I'm just writing to say Thank you

for the $25 and to see how ya'll were doing.

Good Buy

I love yall

From

Jeff"

What a sweet, loving note to find in an otherwise gloomy day. Jeffrey always signed his notes with a skateboard drawn underneath his notes. Sometimes, he would add a stick figure skateboarding. :)

9 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

How Cool!!!!! I could read most of it with my nose up to the screen! LOL!

Dez said...

FW: :)

fiwa said...

What a sweet note - I'm so glad you found it. :)

The Queen said...

Oh is this not like a hug from heaven... how special.. I too was able to read most of it so I know it has to be in fairy good shape...

Oh,, I about have tears... how very very special....

from the flood waters comes a rainbow... too cool..

Dez said...

Aw Queen, that is a great way to think of it. Everytime I see a rainbow (or my kitchen floods), I will remember this conversation, and finding the note. You are truly a special lady.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh my goodness, to find that letter like that? Impossible.

Lisa said...

I can't even imagine how cool it was to find that. :)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Oh BIG smile here ... what a sweet gift to find. :-)

Dez said...

Gary: Believe me, I couldn't believe it myself!
Lisa: Yes, I know you can imagine how wonderful it was to find.
PRO: Yes, it was soooo.. sweet!

Thanks all for your kind words and sharing this with me.