FAMILY FOREVER

FAMILY FOREVER
FAMILY 2002

Bestest Buds - BFF!!

Bestest Buds - BFF!!
Beer & BBQ - Before Lil Gal & Farmer Jr. were on the scene! 1998 (Dang! I need to get back to Jazzercise!)

Jeffrey & Dad 2004

Jeffrey & Dad 2004
Horsing Around

Jeffrey & Mom

Jeffrey & Mom
Spinning & Spinning

Family Photos

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SPECIAL GUESTS



Well, I was just a little excited last night. I remembered that every time "my boys" would come over for a visit, and we were looking through Jeffrey's room, they had mentioned a cassette tape by "Special Guests" (a local band) that they had been searching for. You see, between them, they would always 'steal' it from each other, and that they did not know where it had ended up. They desperately wanted to know if Jeffrey had it. So, I told them that I would look for it. Now, this "stealing" thing was something that this large group of friends would always do - steal, then steal back from whomever was in possession at the time. They had done this ever since they became friends in middle school, even the girls! When I learned this, at first I was aghast! As I heard more and more about this, I realized that this was "fun" for them.

So, when 2 of the boys were here, I searched for the cassette tape which is where Jeffrey kept his cassettes in his credenza drawer. Viola! I FOUND IT! (It helped that I had been through Jeffrey's stuff before and knew where Jeffrey kept his cassettes.) He was very careful and organized with his music items and his photography stuff.
The Boys were ALL EXCITED! The problem was that the case was broken and could not be put into a player. I procrastinated and just forgot about the cassette for a couple of months or so. So, just yesterday (the day after Roger's visit) I remembered about the cassette, so I called around to find out if it could be turned into a CD! YES! They do that these days! So, Monday, I took it to a place called DiscGoRound. He said he could have it ready tomorrow! So, yesterday DH picked it up and now I have 6 CDS! I was soooo excited, that I called Roger, while I had it playing on the computer "loud" and asked Roger, do you hear that music? "yeah" Do you know what it is? YEAH, THAT'S SPECIAL GUESTS!! So I told him what I'd done, and that he could pick them up anytime. He was so excited as well, and said "I'll pick them up tomorrow after work!"
I'm going to make a lot of boys happy. That leaves me with a warm feeling. I imagine Jeffrey is looking down on us saying "YEAH! ALRIGHT! YEA, MOM!", So I've been playing it in his room. :)

Side Note: I purchased a "Shorty's" T-shirt for Jeffrey, which was very popular on the skating scene, and a skateboard brand. It was very cool. It was bright blue and had the Shorty's name in large white letters run across one shoulder all the way across to the other shoulder. I had not seen that shirt ever since I had bought it for him. Come to find out last year, that Janel, had stolen it and still had it! I told her I wanted it back (J/K), but.... that she could keep it since she had it these many years! We had a good laugh.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you found the cassette just like that?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awesome! I love lOVE reading all these great stories. Okay, now I know the music is probably not my TASTE but I would love for you to burn me a copy.

I could give it a listen and the "teenager" might even enjoy it and get to share some "old school" from Jeph with his friends.

Please? I hearted Taylor and George to ya! Not one of your originals, but a burned copy of one.

:-) You rock! Those boys, gosh....um, maybe you should make some muffins too, though. :-)

Dez said...

Yes Gary, Although Jeffrey kept his room a mess, but ORGANIZED HIS WAY TO FIND ANYTHING HE WANTED; the past few times I had been in there, I had learned where he kept his cassette taped, so I just went through them.
There are still 2 HUGE corners of his room that I have to go thru, but I'm afraid of not putting things back in the same order. Also, that's what the boys are afraid of too. That's one of the reasons they are afraid to go in there.
FW: Ok, no prob, I can burn you a CD. The music is SKA, and I love it, (well except for some cursing).

Dez said...

Oh, Gary... FYI, once I had found the cassette, there as a few months before I even thought of it again, until Roger's visit on Monday. Sorry I didn't make that clear on the blog. I'll have to fix that.